ExperienceDr. Abramson has performed over 60,000 LASIK and PRK procedures and is recognized as one of the leading refractive surgeons in the metropolitan area. Dr. Abramson has been performing laser vision correction for over sixteen years and was one of the first doctors to use the excimer laser. Because of her extensive experience and her outstanding results, Dr. Abramson treats patients on referral from over 250 referring doctors, and is one of the most experienced surgeons in the New York Metropolitan area.Dr. Jodi Abramson has been named one of the Best Doctors in America® for 2007-2016. The prestigious recognition marks the 8th time that Dr. Abramson has earned this honor since 2007. The Best Doctors directory has earned a sterling reputation for reliable, impartial results by remaining totally independent. Doctors cannot pay to be included in the Best Doctors database, nor are they paid to provide their input. The List is a product of validated peer review, in which doctors who excel in their specialties are selected by their peers in the profession.Dr. Abramson has been featured in major publications such as New York Times, RX Remedy Magazine, and Woman’s World Magazine.
Academic and Professional Experience and Affiliations
- Director, Keratorefractive Surgery – Montefiore Medical Center Department of Ophthalmology. 1996 – 2001
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology – Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- White Plains Regional Medical Director- TLC, The Laser Center www.lasikwestchester.com, www.tlcvision.com
- Cornea, External Disease, and Refractive Surgery Fellowship – New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Chief Resident, Resident in Ophthalmology – Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center
- Internship in Internal Medicine – Lenox Hill Hospital
- Six Year Honors Program in Medical Education, Northwestern University
- M.D. Northwestern University, Medical School
Publications & Lectures
- Dr. Abramson is the author of many of scientific papers, book chapters and monographs. She lectures extensively in this country and abroad.
- Elected by her peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® from 2007 to 2016.
- Elected to the Cambridge Who’s Who 2007-2008
- VISX Star Surgeon awarded to top Excimer Laser Surgeons in the United States
- Winner, The Ann Stromberg Fellowship for Research in Ophthalmology Department of Ophthalmology , Northwestern University Medical School
- Honor Award, Honors Science Research Program in the Westinghouse Science Talent Search